Do you ever wonder what it takes to run for office? We have 94 open positions this year.
With the candidate filing period starting next week, May 14-18, here are the things anyone interested in running for office should do:
- Verify your voter registration information is up-to-date. You must be registered to vote in the district you choose to run for office in
- Read over the Candidate Manual for more information on how to file for office, submit your voters’ pamphlet statement and photo, and more
- Review which offices are subject to election and the fees, filing locations, and requirements for each
- Watch a brief video on how to submit a Declaration of Candidacy online to complete the steps needed to file for office
- Look over the additional resources on our website
This year candidates can also file to be a Precinct Committee Officer. There are additional resources for PCO candidates:
- Read over the Precinct Committee Officer Manual
- Watch a brief video on how to file for Precinct Committee Officer online
We encourage anyone interested in running for office to subscribe to our candidate notifications for alerts about campaign filing, deadlines, etc.
Candidate filing week begins May 14 and ends May 18. During that week, we’ll update the list of who has filed to run for each office. Make sure to check back with us soon!